Thursday, February 3, 2011

Are salt stains shoe abuse?!?

Agghhh, I hate days like today!!!  After a day of trudging through slushy parking lots, the inevitable happens, dried white stains all over my boots!! 

Well, I did not get a chance to stop by my local and pick up any fancy products that claim to remove the dreaded stains from my boots, so I had to resort to finding a home remedy.  I hopped on my little pink netbook and found a solution.  And the only thing you will need is white vinegar.

Mix 1 tablespoon of white vinegar with 1 cup of water.  Dip a soft cloth into the solution and massage into the shoes.  Repeat this until the stains are removed.

When my shoes are nice and dry I will be applying a coat of ALDO Defense Lotion.  This is a defense cream that helps restore salt damaged leather. And volia - like new!

No comments:

Post a Comment